Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Review: I Found You

I Found You I Found You by Lisa Jewell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'd like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book!

This is a review of an ARC.

When Alice finds a man washed up on the beach with no idea who he is or how he came to be there, she decides to take him in. This isn't the only novel I've read lately about someone washed up on a beach with memory loss (see: The Girl from the Sea), and I wanted to see how else a similar plot could be done if it went in a different direction. And this did not disappoint! As we follow Alice's growing relationship with this man who she's dubbed "Frank," we also see a newly married Lily, who is new to the country and is frantic to find her husband who didn't come home from work one night. Then there's the flashbacks to 1993. What happened in 1993? Well if I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Altogether, this book was phenomenal. It was a little slow going for me at first as I found myself not really liking Alice's personality (unfortunately my thoughts on her didn't change), but that's an easy thing to get past when a book is just so damn interesting! The conclusion didn't fall flat, and was just about everything you would expect from a good thriller! The expected release date for this novel is April 25th, 2017. Mark it on your calendars!

view more reviews